Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Technology trends for a 2.0 world

I just finished reading the article from Library Technology reports. I guess I have been fairly insulated in my world and maybe my age has a lot to do with it. The idea that I could appear on Youtube, perhaps through a not so nice encounter with a disgruntled patron never crossed my mind. The idea of librarians going ga-ga with a new Iphone sounds weird. However, I like the idea of a blog whereby the patrons could really bring about discussions about books they want or services they want seemed intriguing. I loved the idea of having a community care about either pictures I post on Flickr or thoughts in my blog. I just started scratching the surface of LibraryThing and I am thinking I could really use this either in my discussion about books with patrons or in my own search for good reads or even to help me when I catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment