Sunday, January 4, 2009

This is not the end....

I surprised myself and learned so much and really enjoyed all the exercises for the CTLS 23 things.

My favorites things on this learning journey were: learning how to Blog (easier than I thought) and I even started a new one!; getting turned on to Flickr....I love good photography; playing with Freerice.com, discovering Pandora.com for music, Google Docs (just started to learn all it can do along with Zoho writer) and Google reader.

This program helped me realize that you're never too old to learn. But most importantly, it reminded me that learning can be fun and not stressful. I could be a bit frustrated at times with my limited knowledge, but I got better and better as I went along.

It surprised me that people are really using computers to socialize. There is more interaction and communication between people. It seems that people want to reach out to people and it is easier to do with a computer. If I don't want to be left behind and if I want to understand what all the young people are into to, then this program has helped to keep me informed.

I don't know if there is anything that could have been done differently. I respond very well in self-study programs without pressure to keep up with others. I was not able to do this program at work, because I needed to concentrate more fully. Consequently, I spent quite a bit of time at home working on the exercises.

And lastly, I would love to participate in another program. I loved the opportunity to learn and when presented with a well-thought out planned program that could be done by anyone at any level without pressure, then sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment