Thursday, January 1, 2009

Podcasts and vidcasts...who knew?

I went to Podcast.com first. I was able to browse the podcast collections and selected 3 categories to try: food, music, and books. I loved the video cast about preparing chicken wings. I can actually make supper tonight following what I learned. Because I am in charge of ordering music for the library, I liked the music podcast area. I could listen to new music and decide if I want to order it for the library. In the book area, I was able to hear a few intros to new books. Kronos sounded intriguing.

Now I have an Ipod and have been using it to place my music from CDs on it. It never occurred to me to try going to the music store part of it and ordering up a podcast. It was easy and free and I took advantage of some Comedy Central podcasts to give me a few laughs.

I looked at the Seattle Public Library web page teen section and liked the idea of putting a podcast there for patrons to listen to what is happening at the library. I could see the use of doing that on our Web page and since most teens have access to MP3 and etc. they could subscribe to our podcast. Something to think about and implement perhaps.

I also tried the Educational Podcast Directory and I listened to several podcasts there. Again very helpful and places I could direct patrons to research subjects they are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment